Conference Call Group Guidelines
For security purposes DO NOT share the number given to you. Also, please refrain from calling more than once a week.
Finally, if you are inappropriate, you will be blocked from the call.
Here are some more guidelines as described in the member manual:
- Maintain an attitude of caring, fellowship, and support.
- Responses to others must be non-judgmental.
- One person speaks at a time.
- Members who are disruptive or too ill to behave in an appropriate manner will be asked to leave the meeting until they are able to be appropriate.
- We are not a crisis line. If you are in crisis, meaning danger to yourself or others, we will refer you to the suicidal hotline that is available 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255, the Crisis Text Line by texting HOME to 741741, or 911.
- Abusive talk is not tolerated nor is the discussion of anti-psychiatry, anti-medications, illicit drugs, or discussion of sex, politics, or religion.
- Confidentiality will be maintained: what is shared in the group stays in the group.
- Please call on the hour. Sometimes leaders have personal emergencies and are unable to lead the group.
- Please read the Member Orientation on the Leader Resources page, at https://sardaa.org/schizophrenia-alliance/sa-leader-resources
Fill out the form below to register for support calls.