Conference Call Group Guidelines
For security purposes DO NOT share the number given to you. Also, please refrain from calling more than once a week.
Finally, if you are inappropriate, you will be blocked from the call.
Here are some more guidelines as described in the member manual:
- Maintain an attitude of caring, fellowship, and support.
- Responses to others must be non-judgmental.
- One person speaks at a time.
- Members who are too ill or symptomatic will be directed to seek medical care and treatment. They will be muted or disconnected as necessary to ensure integrity of the group meeting.
- We are not a crisis line. If you are in crisis, meaning danger to yourself or others, we will refer you to the suicidal hotline that is available 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255, the Crisis Text Line by texting HOME to 741741, or 911.
- We encourage kind, respectful communication, support standard psychiatric care and treatment. We don’t encourage discussions around anti-psychiatry, anti-medication, illicit drug use, sex, politics, or religion.
- Confidentiality will be maintained: what is shared in the group stays in the group.
- Please call on the hour.
- Please read the Member Orientation on the Leader Resources page, at https://sardaa.org/schizophrenia-alliance/sa-leader-resources
Fill out the form below to register for support calls.